EvilLyrics forum
March 23, 2019, 11:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Itunes Lyrics Tags  (Read 30906 times)
gazzawazza

« on: September 30, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »

Hi there

I have EvilLyrics working with Itunes. However isn't there a way that I can get all my tunes on my Ipod tagged with the lyrics?

Surely this is possible - otherwise it is a case of copying and pasting lyrics from Evil into Itunes - which would take ages!

If this feature isn't yeat supported then hopefully it will be. Either that or I'll have to wait for a windows version of IDtunes.

Thanks.
G
EvilLyrics forum
« on: September 30, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »

Otto
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 01:30:32 AM »

iTunes has a scripting interface that makes this sort of thing somewhat simple to do.

This script will clear all the lyrics from iTunes: http://ottodestruct.com/iTunes/ClearLyrics.txt

This script will look through EvilLyrics cache and attempt to import those lyrics into iTunes: http://ottodestruct.com/iTunes/EvilLyricsImport.txt

The import script is not perfect. I may not have replicated EvilLyrics renaming functionality 100%. Let me know if you find any lyrics that don't get imported.

BTW, importing lyrics into iTunes causes it to write them to the ID3v2 tags. Specifically, into the USLT tag (Unsynchronized Lyrics).
beweird
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:50:51 PM »

Thanks so much Otto. grin grin grin I'm tired of searching around for an appz that can search and import lyrics into iTunes( 'cause my Ipod nano can show syns with iTunes lyrics, and other ipod will too). But there's no appz out there have better lyric search than evillyrics. And now with your scripts make it more brilliant!!!
I've just get a few lyrics by evillyrics and they're all imported to iTunes with your scpipts! I am so curious to let everyone on ipod forums know about this.
alien
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 04:22:37 PM »

yeah, this seems to be great !!  grin
thank you !!!
Altsaxofon

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 11:09:03 PM »

Hello.

Otto, when I try to run your scripts as .js files I get an Error Message, where Windows sais that the library dosen't exist (I don't really know if that's the right word because i have a swedish version of windows ), I'm using Itunes 6 by the way.

Am I Doing anything wrong?
Otto
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

[quote author=AltsaxofonlýŘÜô'UCRe: Itunes Lyrics TagsOttootto@tivofan.com169.198.254.6% your scripts as .js files I get an Error Message, where Windows sais that the library dosen't exist (I don't really know if that's the right word because i have a swedish version of windows ), I'm using Itunes 6 by the way.
Am I Doing anything wrong?
[/quote]

I don't know. It works on normal XP installations. Without more info, it's hard to tell why you get whatever error it is that you're getting. It could be that you don't have the Windows Scripting Host installed correctly, or that iTunes isn't installed correctly, or maybe it wants the script to be in Swedish. Wink

So without more info, it's really hard to tell. Try googling the error message to see what you can work out. Or try a different computer.

I do know that if you install some programs which screw around with your default settings for JS files, you won't be able to just run the script like a batch file. In which case you could try doing "wscript.exe whatever.js" at a command prompt to run the script instead. In that case, it might be worth reinstalling the Windows Scripting Host to fix the settings and permissions and such.
Otto
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 06:52:47 PM »

Oh, BTW, I found a few cases where the script missed some lyrics files and added code to handle those. So if you haven't gotten the latest copy of the script, do it now.
Altsaxofon

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 05:03:28 PM »

I tried to do as you sugessted ("wscript.exe whatever.js") but i got the same message  shocked

Anyhow, here's the Error message

and a translation for you non-swedish speaking (couldn't be that many, right?  cool)

Script: C:\Program\Itunes\EvilLyricsImoprt.js
Row: 23
Character: 1
Error: The Library is not registrerd
Code: 8002801D
Source: (null)
Yariv
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 06:27:19 AM »

Kudos! Very nice work...   cheesy
Otto
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 09:23:07 PM »

I tried to do as you sugessted ("wscript.exe whatever.js") but i got the same message  shocked

Anyhow, here's the Error message

Script: C:\Program\Itunes\EvilLyricsImoprt.js
Row: 23
Character: 1
Error: The Library is not registrerd
Code: 8002801D
Source: (null)

Line 22 is where it's creating a link to the iTunes COM object, so at a quick guess, I'd say that you don't have iTunes installed correctly, or don't have the latest version (6.01). Any version after 4.5 should register the COM object, and any version after 5.0 supports the Lyrics field.

Reinstall iTunes, and make sure you do so as an administrative user.
Altsaxofon

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 10:32:40 PM »

Installed the new 6.x version, and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks !
Parmeet Shah
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 08:39:31 AM »

Hey... I tried the EvilLyrics scripts. The first one works and my lyrics are all cleared from itunes. But the second one gives an error.

Line : 26
Char : 1
Error : The specific module could not be found
Code : 8007007E
Source : (null)

Can you please help me?
d33ps1x

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 02:31:20 AM »

Hey Otto,

Just a little feedback

Out of 2200 songs the script managed to tag around 1750.  The reason for the failures was apostrophies, and other punction in the titles.

It looks like evillyrics saves the song titles like this:

For  I'll Kill You it would save it as I_ll Kill you

Dunno if that would help.  Either way 1700 or so song auto tagged is sweet.

B
d33ps1x

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 03:18:21 AM »

It also affected the success where artist use odd characters like bjork with the proper accents on the o.

B
Otto
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 09:48:32 PM »

Out of 2200 songs the script managed to tag around 1750.  The reason for the failures was apostrophies, and other punction in the titles.
It looks like evillyrics saves the song titles like this:
For  I'll Kill You it would save it as I_ll Kill you
Dunno if that would help.  Either way 1700 or so song auto tagged is sweet.
I take care of most of these naming issues. Apostrophies, for example, should already be handled correctly.

What I'll need from you to fix the script to catch those cases is details. Mainly, the exact Artist and Song in iTunes, as well as the name of the lyrics file in the EvilLyrics cache. Then I can add or modify the existing rules I use to cover that case.

You can post questions and problems with the EvilLyricsImport script here: http://ottodestruct.com/blog/2005/10/17/itunes-and-evillyrics/
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: