EvilLyrics forum
May 20, 2019, 09:11:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrol bar simply disappears... shows up, then is wiped out.  (Read 3206 times)
rdunn

« on: July 21, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »

Just downloaded latest WinAmp 5.094... and latest EvilLyrics build 141, off Addicted.

Previous versions worked fine and did not exhibit scroll bar problem.

When I start EvilLyrics build 141 now... you can see the scroll bar briefly before the program has fully loaded, if a playlist is present... (if no songs are showing in player, such as WinAmp... then the scrollbar remains visiible... until you select a folder to play)

Anyway... once a song is loaded, EvilLyrics' SCROLL BAR DISAPPEARS ENTIRELY. Kinda makes it hard to see the rest of the song after a bit.

Hmmm.

[Edit]... Inconsistent behavior... Some song searches will restore a scrollbar, but other songs will have it disappear... and they definitely have more lines to display!  I click and drag and can bring them 'up' into display.  Don't think 'lock' or unlocked is a cause.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: July 21, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 09:46:53 AM »

scrollbar should only be visible when it's needed. i just tested it again and it works here. if there no scrollbar, there's just nothing to scroll. anyone else experienced problems?

EvilLyrics Developer
chrishaas

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 07:09:35 PM »

I've got the same problem here, there's no scrollbar at all for any of my lyrics. If I click on the text and drag down I can see the rest of the lyrics. I've tried resizing the window to be really small (both vertically and horizontally) to try to force a scroll bar for what's on screen but that doesn't do anything.
rdunn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:01:43 AM »

Sorry, Marek... there�9&B?Re: Scrol bar simply disappears... shows up, then is wiped out.rdunnrdunn@gci.net66.223.212.32aximized to full screen... I have to click and drag to get to them.  I'm going to have to go back to an older version of EL, until I can test the next release.  I do PC's for a living, haven't had problems with prior versions of EL (well, other than a recent release researching for new lyrics when I already had them edited and saved, but not 'locked')... and I think this auto-remove the scrollbar thing should be 'optional' (checkbox in config screens) for the time being, at least... Wink

My lyrics font is Comic Sans MS, Regular, 14...
I don't know how else to be helpful to you for program fixes in this case, other than to say it's just not working right for me. And I usually successfully fix every little conflict I find.  This doesn't seem like a conflict with other programs though, except for perhaps fonts.
rdunn

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 12:36:29 AM »

OK... I went to config sr'B?Re: Scrol bar simply disappears... shows up, then is wiped out.rdunnrdunn@gci.net66.223.212.32%ting, Evil Lyrics gives me back the scrollbar on the song that didn't have it and should have... along with Tahoma, Regular, 8 font... which is smaller than is comfortable, esp. when you have people standing back to karaoke. Oh well...

Unfortunately, if  I change the font back to Comic Sans MS, Regular, 14... at some point (inconsistently) after resizing the Evil Lyrics window and switching back and forth between songs... I'm back to the scrollbar that isn't but should be... displayed. It's not just that the window is resized big enough to show all lyrics... it IS just that at some point, it doesn't properly calculate when the scrollbar is needed and when not... because there ARE missing lyrics below the bottom of window.  It -can- take a few different times resizing the window, but if it does fail to display scrollbar ever, then it needs fixin' Wink...
The scrollbar is -sometimes- displayed when it's needed, but... not always.  I really do need to resize the window  and  change at least to a bigger size on font... if not a different font (like Comic Sans MS Wink).

rdunn

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 12:42:10 AM »

P.S. again...

After reset to defaults, I can't change just the size of font (to 14) either... if I then resize the EL window, at some point the scrollbar fails.
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 11:53:19 AM »

try redownloading from the Download section, some things were changed

EvilLyrics Developer
rdunn

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 09:56:26 PM »

Re-downloaded...  still some problem, although it may be slightly better.

If I grab the window corner and resize, moving up/down... I can get a scrollbar to appear... but it's not quite accurate.  At the point that the scrollbar appears/disappears... is not the bottom of the lyric text, in fact it's rather far from it still.  Just  disappears too soon, with the window not conveniently sized as big as it could (should) be.

But... it's an improvement Wink I think...

I installed with 'reset to defaults' checked... and then changed font size  to 14, that's all.

Hope you'll continue to review the situation.
rdunn

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 10:37:39 PM »

OK!

Welll... maybe you can just beat me with a stick... maybe not.

I UNinstalled build 141, with "Remove Shared DLL's", and rebooted.

I INstalled build 139, worked great.. .then I re-installed build 141... and... so far, seems to be working fine... even after reboot.

Was it a DLL or just something trashy on my machine? I dunno...

Hmmm....

I will say that even though I tell the installation Foobar prompt to NOT display the manual instructions... it goes ahead and throws up MSIE and instructions anyway... and I do have Foobar installled.

What can I say... good to go for now, even with custom font and size.

EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: