EvilLyrics forum
May 21, 2019, 08:48:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: old version much better than current  (Read 3698 times)
diza
« on: July 11, 2005, 03:06:24 PM »

I used you previous versonB$old version much better than currentdizaashahey@zahav.net.il84.228.162.51was time for an upgrade ,and ever since I'm crusing the Net to get the old one back.
The 017 version is very uncomfy and filled with bugs !

1.On every click on winamp it pop up the Evil lyrics main window.(quite annoying ,didnt find a way to stop it)
2.I can't save a new default font ,and on each restart it reverts back(furthermore I can't use hebrew fonts ,cause on each search I need to manually change the display font) !!
3.when entering lyrics manually(after the program failed to find it) it keeps searching and erases what's ive pasted ,furthermore the blue Save button which was easily used in the ol d version is gone ,and only when the song is out it offers to save the nwe lyrics. !
4.General Download time is significanly slower than of previous version.
5.even the Report bug button on the software window is a brokle link.
6.there are no hovering toolbar decriptions ,and the new button legends are often corrupted.
7.there is no easy way to enlarge display fonts when moving away from the comuter ,like in similar programs of this sort.
8.the carokee bar fonts do not auto allign to the current font and the bar size's.

I realyl liked this little soft' and was highly disappointed upon 'upgrade',and since I cant seem to find the previous version ,I looked up an alternative.

Diz.
EvilLyrics forum
« on: July 11, 2005, 03:06:24 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 07:49:23 PM »

thanks for bug reports, most of them valid. some are already fixed, some will be fixed in the next build. good luck with the alternative though

EvilLyrics Developer
scrat

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 09:32:35 PM »

lol, just because there's one bad release (or one you didn't like)
you turn your back on this prog?

i mean what would have happened if everybody had stoppped
using winamp just because the version 3 was bad?
-> winamp 5 would never been released.

imagine: NO WINAMP 5  cry

O O O
O O O
O O O
veg4life

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 02:53:58 AM »

This is definitely true when comparing build 140 to buid 141.

I've tried build 141 on several computers and it is very unstable and doesn't find lyrics.

Stick with build 140 until build 142 comes out.
zapatta

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 05:12:43 AM »

First a buig welcome to l%B(Re: old version much better than currentzapattayawnsman@yahoo.ca24.71.128.178; afro [total respect to you dudes and dudettes] ...

What I have noticed is that although new does not automatically = better - especailly in BETA versions of programs - BETA does offer a 'wanna-test-drive-this-groovy-baby-for-us and-see-if-there-are-any-annoying-glitches-and/or-bugs-to-be-sorted- out ' version.  Which is why there is a tried and true 'STABLE version' available to be downloaded  shocked IS everyone with me so far?  Come on hands-up if you're lost already!   cheesy     Now I use EL with QCD the version 140 is truly wonderful  cool but I can't get 141 to 'unzip' so I am waiting for the new version to become a little less raw and more sophisticated/developed before I download it again.

Old versions while 'nice' and comfortable like a knitted cardigan, pipe and comfy fireside slippers are not 'worse' simply different ... it's develop or die in the big nasty cyberworld - personally I can always rollback to a previous version in XP and rsore my settings to a fixed snap-shot point ....

For those wanting to know what attractions other 'like' programs have over Evil L' the answer for many of us is 'none' ... try out 'mini-lyrics'  rolleyes if you don't believe me.  ZDnet Cnet and [Fred Langas'] Langa List are all full of advice and recommended 'freeware'

So remember 'support your local serrif' - as Evil as it maybe we are still the privilaged few who don't pay for our lyrics support ... so if you want to hear your own belly rumbling or bitch even take a number this is intended to be a 'constructive' lively discussion forum.

Make no mistake veg4lifes' assertions are just as relevant as my own or anyone elses - however never forget to reinstall a program, keep your anti-bug ware up-to-date and anti-spyware running - with PC's we do have a bad habit of 'shooting the messenger'!!         

Zapatta said this
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: