EvilLyrics forum
December 06, 2019, 01:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Run time error  (Read 5646 times)
Nicolantia

« on: September 30, 2003, 01:43:21 AM »

My lyrics start downloading, but I get a message saying "Run-time error '13':    Type Mismatch"  

Does anyone else get this?  And if so, have you figured out a solution?[}:)][Sad!][xx(][Wink][Smiley][8D][Cheesy]

"Well if i'm a child then that makes you a pediphile."
-Peter Griffin
EvilLyrics forum
« on: September 30, 2003, 01:43:21 AM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 07:57:05 PM »

did your setup ran smoothly? usually this happens if there is a error during install (you don't have privileges to write into system directories so some libraries cannot be written and registered). Did you manage to download lyrics at least once?

--------------------
EvilLyrics Developer

EvilLyrics Developer
Dymond

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 02:21:54 PM »

Quote from: Nicolantia
My lyrics start downloading, but I get a message saying "Run-time error '13':    Type Mismatch"  

-Peter Griffin

I`ve the same error! (OS - WinXP_pro_SP1). I`ve administer rights on my PC, so it can register all librarires in system folders. But, after uninstalling EL, in log I see "Could not load C:\WINDOWS\System32\HTTPDownload.ocx".
May be, I need to download&register that control manually? Where`s I can find it?
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 01:01:11 PM »

Quote from: Dymond
Quote from: Nicolantia

-Peter Griffin

I`ve the same error! (OS - WinXP_pro_SP1). I`ve administer rights on my PC, so it can register all librarires in system folders. But, after uninstalling EL, in log I see "Could not load C:\WINDOWS\System32\HTTPDownload.ocx".
May be, I need to download&register that control manually? Where`s I can find it?

that bug report was referring to previous version. did you download current version? does this happen with build 6? on what occasion? mentioned ocx file is no longer used, it was used by previous version and is removed during uninstall process just for the case it was left there by previous version

EvilLyrics Developer
paulino_
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

I just think you talk too much about this problem, but really can't solve it...

I don't know beans about libraries or .dll archives, i just wanted the program to run correctly.

Every time I start the program, either with winamp or windows media player i get this problem: "run-time error '13': type mismatch".

Could you give us a solid answer please... If there's no way to correct this, OK..
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »

[quote="paulino_&qutur?@&Re: run-time error '13': Type mismatchMarekevillabs@zoznam.sk 217.75.73.34don't know beans about libraries or .dll archives, i just wanted the program to run correctly.

Every time I start the program, either with winamp or windows media player i get this problem: "run-time error '13': type mismatch".

Could you give us a solid answer please... If there's no way to correct this, OK..[/quote]

jesus, what a freak. sure i don't want to solve it ... because i don't want anyone to use my program. this error just doesn't happen on my installation. unless someone tell me under what circumstances error occurs, i just can't fix it

for 90% of people program just work ... if you tell me how do you differ from the majority, i can tell you what can be the problem. what system do you use? are you running firewall? i don't know ... there are zillion lines of code where error can occur

as you can read in About and everywhere else, program is in beta stage. It means it is tested before final release. If you are not willing to test it and report in detail what is wrong then i don't quite understand what you are doing here

EvilLyrics Developer
paulino_
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 07:16:34 PM »

Hey murek, I'm sorry for.. i really didn't express myself in a good time..

By the way, how i couldn't find a solution for that "error", i found it better to download what i think is an older version of the program, i don't if it is allowed to say here the site where i found it, but here it goes:

If you access this site you'll find what i think is an older version:
http://www.it-mate.co.uk/main_content/multimedia.asp

it worked out with me..
good luck
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 12:33:16 AM »

sure, anything is allowed to express here. the fact that older version works for you is also an information for me that bug is in the part of the code changed between version.

if you'd tell me if previous bug happened with version downloaded from download section (build 6) or from development section (development build) it would also help in locating the bug. thanks

EvilLyrics Developer
paulino_
bug
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 07:41:07 AM »

Trully, I can't tell you for sure if i've taken it from the development section too.

But as far as I can remember I took it from download section only.

Just a doubt, I'm not american, so, how long do you expect to create a protuguese version for it?!

thanks
Tiago
Campo Grande, MS - Brazil
wenderson

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »

Quote from: paulino_
Trully, I can't tell you for sure if i've taken it from the development section too.

But as far as I can remember I took it from download section only.

Just a doubt, I'm not american, so, how long do you expect to create a protuguese version for it?!

thanks
Tiago
Campo Grande, MS - Brazil

There is already a Portuguese brazillian version, that's what I use.
But I'm having trouble download lyrics here at my job.

Tex
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: