EvilLyrics forum
October 17, 2019, 05:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I only get a few tracks listed ?  (Read 5277 times)
philby

« on: May 10, 2005, 09:42:36 AM »

When I define my folder, which contains 150 mp3 tracks, I only see about 11 in the list.  I thought it would show me all my mp3s and then allow me to select the ones I want to try to apply lyrics to.  Am I missing the objective of this plug-in ?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: May 10, 2005, 09:42:36 AM »

felipin-sioux

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:47:04 PM »

Philby, you are talking bD+B6'Why do I only get a few tracks listed ?felipin-siouxfetago@ig.com.br143.107.183.130RB do you already have the lyrics downloaded in your hd by EvilLyrics? This plugin doesn't download any lyrics, it just uses the ones who have already been downloaded.  Also, are your Cache folder configured properly in EvilLyrics, and is the plugin in the EvilLyrics's Folder...
Hm, if you are in doubt, you can use the Lyrics Organizer plugin to check if it   is detecting your lyrics correctly...

Second, are your mp3s properly tagged? For a good operation of the plugin it is important that your mp3s are properly tagged with Artist/Band name and Song title.

Third, are you mp3s in subfolders? If yes, check if you are using the plugin version which searches for mp3s in subfolders too.

Please check all of this and answer back. The plugin won't show all of your mp3s, it will show only the ones it was able to match with your lyrics database.. But if you have 150 mp3s and EvilLyrics has already downloaded the lyrics for it, it should match at least 80% of your songs.

Hope that helps,
Felipe.
philby

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 01:58:25 PM »

Thank You,
Yes I am talking about EvilTagger.

I certainly am missing the point here. You are right - the 11 out of 150 entries shown were those for which lyrics were already downloaded.  I understood this plug-in tried to download lyrics for all the tracks you point it to.  So what IS it supposed to do ?  And why shouldnt it try to get the lyrics - sounds like a useful function if you ask me.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 08:36:08 PM »

It doesn't try to get the lyrics because this is EvilLyrics function. EvilLyrics is a plugin for Winamp (and other players) to download the lyrics for the songs you are listening.
EvilTagger, however, is a plugin for EvilLyrics. It extends EvilLyrics functionality by allowing you to save the lyrics inside the own mp3 files..

Hope that helps,
Felipe.
philby

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 02:42:10 AM »

Thank you Filipin,

That has clarified things for me.

So, if EvillTagger allows you to attach lyrics downloaded by Evillyrics into the mp3, where does Evillyrics store the lyrics when it downloads them initially ?
felipin-sioux

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 12:26:09 AM »

EvilLyrics stores it in .txt files in your hd.. The initial folder generally is  "C:\Program Files\EvilLyrics\Lyrics", but you can change that in the options..

Just note that you don't need to store the lyrics in the mp3s to make EvilLyrics works correctly.. It uses the .txt files it has saved..
philby

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 11:33:58 AM »

Thank you again Felipin
OK, now I get it. So, EvilTagger simply takes all the lyrics downloaded so far with Evillyrics and gives you the ability to store them in the mp3 (In the "Lyrics" tag field, I presume).  If I did this, then opened one of those mp3 files with a tag editor (Such as "Tag & Rename"), would I be able to see the lyrics in their correct place ?  I seem to recall reading in this forum that they dont always show up.  Why wouldn't they ?
felipin-sioux

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 04:03:15 PM »

Philby,

Yes, the lyrics saved into the mp3 files can be seen by tag editors who support the lyrics3 format (http://www.id3.org/lyrics3200.html). However, there are not many programs who support this tag, although it is a defined standard for storing lyrics in mp3s.. I guess tag&rename doesn't support them. I'll check it out.. Anyway, there are other programs who supports it. Just google for lyrics3 and you will find.
Anyway, still the best to do is to let EvilLyrics download and display the lyrics to you.  Cheesy
philby

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 10:48:10 AM »

Felipin-sioux, many thanks for your most helpful dialog.  Much appreciated. I have learned a lot.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 08:39:55 PM »

Philby,

You are welcome. Enjoy EvilLyrics!

Cheesy
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: