EvilLyrics forum
November 19, 2019, 09:20:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Build 137 problems...  (Read 3713 times)
ClioCJS

« on: February 21, 2005, 12:40:18 PM »

Is EvilLyics still as pou BBBuild 137 problems...ClintJCLclint@acm.vt.edu216.200.103.193roblems with the new version.  

EvilLyrics wont work right with remixes and live versions of songs, becuase "ignore braketed text" ignores text between parenhesis...

For example:
"Primus - John The Fisherman (live)" is a different song than
"Primus - John The Fisherman" and would be a different song than
"Primus - John The Fisherman (Remix)".

But EvilLryics thinks all 3 of these are the same.  I cannot turn off bracked text, or EvilLyrics is unusable because everytime I stop or pause it will add the word "Paused" or "Stopped" to the title.  This makes creating karaokes impossible!

I tried the fix described in http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/faq/faq1.php?faqnr=58 using both Winamp2.91 and Winamp5.02 and could not get this to work right at all.  Basically, it is impossible to use EvilLyrics+Winamp with "ignore bracketed text" turned off, and it is impossible to get proper lyrics/karaoke for live/remix songs with "ignore bracketed text" turned on.  Build 135 works better in this area, but has no milkdrop support, which is what brings a tear to my eye, it's the coolest thing ever!

I also tried adding the following the the keywords ot ignore in preferences:  Stopped;stopped;[Stopped];paused;Paused;[Paused'.  None of these would make the word leave!

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: 2 options: "Ignore bracketed text" (which I would leave on), and "Ignore parenthesis text" (which I would tur off)"

Is anyone still alive to hear what I am saying? Smiley

P.S. Also my wife and I have lost hours of work due to evillyrics automatically downloading bad lyrics from the internet over good lyrics that we created ourselves.  We're trying to create karaokes for our music library and are being set back by our work being erased.  Would really like a 'padlock' button that would change the file to read-only to protect our time investment.  WASTED USER TIME MAKES USER WANT TO STOP SPENDING TIME!

-Clint
EvilLyrics forum
« on: February 21, 2005, 12:40:18 PM »

Marek
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 01:03:41 PM »

yes, sure ... everything is heard ...

i'll look at this lock button, it seems useful

and this winamp stuff like [Paused] or [Stopped] will be filtered out of song name by default, regardless "ignore text in brackets" setting

thanks for suggestions

EvilLyrics Developer
ClioCJS

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 02:11:19 PM »

Wow thanks for the fast response Marek!  

The "lock button" would also be useful because it would help maintain the same karaoke file to go with the same lyrics set.... But more importantly, spending lots of time on lyrics and losing it all. Smiley

Sorry to post multiple times I'll try not to do it again.

-Clint
ClioCJS

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 10:42:19 PM »

Just wanted to say, publically, excellent job on the lock button, it works like a charm!      Cool

I am going back and "locking" much of my old lyrics to protect them, and their association with corresponding karaokes!  It's great!  

Though I found one song that I had a karaoke for, but no lyrics!  And it took 30 mins to find them on the net!  smiley  I am thinking: They were overwritten..  huh   But now that the new ones are locked, this will never happen again!  Tongue   VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

I am also looking forward to finally getting into the top 7 karaoke posters: Wath out Zetireculi!

Anyway, we will be donating once I have a discussion with my wife to see how much.

There are still minor problems with the EvilLyrics toolbar (soooo many buttons, so I customize it, and my customizations have never lasted more than a day or two).  smiley

Also, when going into edit mode, the buttons [including the one to get OUT of edit mode] all disappear.  You have to move winamp to another track and back to get them to go back.  I think this is because I am running 2 winamps evil and this messes up EvilLyrics somehow.  

(In case one is curious as to why?  Conceptually, one is "my radio station"/backburner and the other is "my songs of the moment"/frontrunner.  I don't want to close my "radio station" because then it will have lost track of which tracks have been played and mess up my "random distribution" of songs.  I use AudioScrobbler plugin to log every mp3 I play to a central server.Smiley )

Anyway, will talk more!  

Oh yea -- at my computer at work, I have Winamp 2.81, MilkDrop 1.04, and EvilLyrics 137.  Milkdrop support doesn't work, the checkbox is grayed out.  I am thinking it's because my winamp veriosn is too old, I use 2.91 at home I believe and it works fine there.  Just thought I'd let you know.  embarassed

-Clint
ClioCJS

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 06:17:26 PM »

Enjoy the $50 donation from my wife & I, these changes have made this the program I will enjoy the most ever!  cheesy

-Clint
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 10:05:34 AM »

thanks Clint, it wasn't necessary. sure, toolbar bug will be fixed ....

as to greyed out milkdrop checkbox .. there are 2 probable reasons:
- Winamp wasn't properly installed - there's no info in the registry (probably only copied from other computer?)
- file milk_msg.ini is not present in winamp/plugins/ directory

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: