EvilLyrics forum
February 16, 2020, 09:19:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS A KARAOKE FILE?  (Read 5529 times)
vocaltalentz
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:12:05 PM »

IS IT A OFF-VOCAL FILE OR IS IT JUST LYRICS??? WHAT IS A .KAS FILE? IS THAT THE KARAOKE FILE? GO NO ONE'S WANTS TO ANSWER ME!!!
EvilLyrics forum
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:12:05 PM »

vocaltalentz
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 04:12:44 PM »

GOD*
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 04:19:27 PM »

http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/faq/faq2.php?catnr=1

EvilLyrics Developer
vocaltalentz
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 05:20:15 PM »

im sorry, but this does not help at all. can you please at least try to EXPLAIN it to me instead of giving me a useless link i don't understand?
Jayphen

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 10:37:10 PM »

that link answers all the questions you could have on karaoke..

felipin-sioux

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 04:54:09 AM »

vocaltalentz,

The .kas files are the karaoke files.. It doesn't contain any lyrics, only the timestamps with small information about each line.

To use them, you first have to let EvilLyrics downloads the lyrics to you. If a karaoke is avaliable for the song you are listening, a mouth in the statusbar will appear, and then you can click on it to download the karaoke.

To create one, you have to click on the Rec icon in the toolbar.. Then, re-start the song in your player.. Go to EL window, and simply go pressing the down key when the line is being sung. After the song finishes, you will be asked if you want to save it or not. If you think everything went ok, save it.. Then, play the song again in your player to watch the lyrics scrolling.. After this the .kas file will be posted to the server.. You can create an username to post your karaokes by opening the Options window and going to the karaoke tab.

Hope that helps.
vocaltalentz
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 01:12:23 AM »

ok thank you so much ^_^ there's jsut one thing i dont get...if i record my own karaoke...it'll be music with no words right? or does the term "karaoke" mean something else here?
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 03:24:41 PM »

Quote from: vocaltalentz
ok thank you so much ^_^ there's jsut one thing i dont get...if i record my own karaoke...it'll be music with no words right? or does the term "karaoke" mean something else here?

no, it will be simple text file containing only information about timestamps in lyrics (no lyrics though) .. not usable in anything else except evillyrics ... so yes .. karaoke means something else here

EvilLyrics Developer
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: