EvilLyrics forum
October 23, 2017, 11:02:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New plugin: Lyrics Tagger  (Read 71147 times)
felipin-sioux

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 04:23:32 AM »

simon,
http://www.id3.org/lyrics3200.html
However, few programs take advantage of it, but it has been defined since 1998. You need an special plugin for winamp to read it.. The best to do is to leave EvilLyrics opened and use it as your default lyrics reader. There are a few portable mp3 players which display them.

About the advanced tag, I think it is not possible to do.. Windows Media Player doesn't even save the lyrics inside the mp3s.. It hiddens the lyrics somewhere in the hard drive.. You can see this by changing the mp3 file name.. When you change it, the lyrics aren't displayed any more.. Well, at least this is how it worked with WMP9.. I didn't test this stuff with WMP10, but I think they didn't change it..

But in the latest development builds of EvilLyrics there is a new plugin for WMP10 that doesn't require any special skin... You can try it out here: http://www.evillabs.sk/evillyrics/development.php

I'm attaching the program again. Unzip it to your EvilLyrics folder.
P.S.: Please note that current version only scans the selected folder and one-level subfolders. Future versions will scan every subfolder.
EvilLyrics forum
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 04:23:32 AM »

simon
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 04:40:19 PM »

Hmmm. I'm getting confused. I copied and pasted lyrics from EvilLyrics in to the advanced tag editor in Media player 10.

I then copied and pasted the file to different directories, renamed it, put it in a new directory and the lyrics were still there.

I also added lyrics, renamed the file, e-mailed it to myself, renamed it again, and the lyrics were still there.

When I right click on the file and get the properties there is a field for lyrics, along with artist, title, track no. etc.

I'm pretty sure the lyrics are stored within the file for Media Player 10.

If I can dowload eviltagger somewhere (The links don't work for me either), I'll see if the lyrics tag used by media player and eviltagger are the same.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 01:19:30 AM »

oh sorry I forgot to attach it yesterday..

as I said, I tested the tags with WMP9, and maybe things changed.. Were you trying .mp3 or .wma files?

I will take a look at the tags of WMP10 next week.. But I hope it can display the lyrics3 tags, otherwise it would mean it only support they proprietary tag..

edit: i'm having problems attaching it.. still trying
simon
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 02:03:55 AM »

I tried it with wma and mp3 files. Media Player 10 doesn't seem to differentiate between them as the tags aappear and behave exactly the same way, ie the fields available in a mp3 or wma file are exactly the same when viewed in either media player 10 or by viewing the properties of the file in windows explorer.

Also that link you gave is for ELLO, not EvilTagger.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 02:21:47 AM »

ok.. did you try using the eviltagger plugin and see if wmp displays the lyrics?
and how does it display the lyrics of their advanced tag? are the lyrics just a tab in the information panel? Or does it do something more "interesting"?

So finally the file is here: EvilTagger 0.1.0 RC1 Sorry for the wrong link before..
simon
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 03:08:25 AM »

Media Player 10 doesn't e ANew plugin: Lyrics Taggersimonsimon@mailinator.com203.217.43.186layer still shows nothing in the lyrics field in the advanced tag editor. I sort of expected this.

I also thought that EvilTagger would download lyrics for all of the mp3's but I guess it only adds lyrics for tracks that have had lyrics already downloaded saved for it with EvilLyrics.

There maybe an application around that reads the lyrics from the tag used by EvilTagger (ID3) and automatically adds it to the lyrics field in the Advanced Tag used by Media Player 10.

Really though, I would have expected that if there was going to be a lyrics feature in Media Player it would use the lyrics tag that was already a standard, rather than creating their own tagging system that isn't used by anyone else. Isn't that what standards are for? I looked on the Microsoft help site about lyrics but their was nothing.

The lyrics in Media Player are displayed when you view the properties of the file in Windows Explorer, as well as when you play the file in Media Player, assuming that you check the "display lyrics and captions" box. There is also an option to synchronise them to the track, which may be part of the reason they used their own tagging system rather than the existing tag system used by Eviltagger.

EvilLyrics and EvilTagger is still the best lyrics app around though.
felipin-sioux

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 12:29:02 AM »

Quote from: simon
rather than creating their own tagging system that isn't used by anyone else.

That's Microsoft  cry

Anyway, thanks for the infos.. I will try WMP10 later this week (I can't do much until wednesday, because I have a lot of tests), but as soon as possible I'll try to see what can I do about this, specially for .mp3 files.. I can't promise much about the .wma ones..
felipin-sioux

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 07:33:16 AM »

Simon, I installed WMP10 here and tried it for a while, but I wasn't able to store the lyrics inside the files.. I don't know why, but I go to the media library, open the advanced tag editor, add the lyrics, but.. right after I click ok and open the advanced tag editor again, the lyrics disappear..

Can you send me a properly tagged mp3 file? I sent you a private message with my e-mail address.
ryanjones2

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2005, 08:30:24 PM »

When i try this program it doesn't find nearly as many lyrics as just using wmp and the evillyrics program, it almost finds none, am I doing something wrong?
felipin-sioux

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 08:51:53 PM »

ryanjones2,

Are you talking about ELLO or EvilTagger?

Anyway, they are not supposed to find lyrics on the internet. They are EvilLyrics plugins, and uses the lyrics that were already downloaded to your PC by EvilLyrics.
ryanjones2

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 08:53:10 PM »

Thanks, I just figured that out now, it would be cool if the two can be combined so you just select a folder and it gets all the lyrics for all the songs, seems like it is fairly close.

Ryan
Giyna

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 04:05:29 PM »

How can i download this version (the link in the page don't work)Huh
felipin-sioux

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2005, 07:28:01 PM »

Oh sorry I have now updated the link on the first post of this topic..

Here is the link to download it: EvilTagger 0.1.0 RC1
Seppel

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 10:00:37 AM »

Hi,

the EvilTagger works fine so far!
But: is there any chance or way to include a  two level subfolder-structure?
All my mp3's lie in a directory structure like: \artist\album\tracks.mp3
Currently I have to open every artist-folder with EvilTagger - and that are quiet a lot... cry

but anyway - before I forget: Much thanx for your work felipin-sioux  Smiley

Seppel
casemyster

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 10:36:20 AM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy but when can we expect multi level subfolders??? i need at least 2. thanks.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  

Jump to: