EvilLyrics forum
October 19, 2017, 06:38:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New plugin: Lyrics Tagger  (Read 71130 times)
felipin-sioux

« on: September 19, 2004, 06:45:35 AM »

Instead of keeping the lyrics3 tagging system inside ELLO, we decided to make it a separate plugin..
This way, ELLO won't be bloated of this feature for most users that don't won't to use it, and the new plugin will be smaller, faster and more reliable by being separated from Ello.

As always, suggestions, comments and bug reports are always welcome.. Please report if it is matching correct most of your lyrics, specially the ones classified as "more than 1 match" and "matched more than once"..

Ah, and if someone has a good suggestion of a better name, say it  Cheesy

(To use it, just unzip the .exe in the EvilLyrics folder)

Download link: EvilTagger 0.1.2 RC1
EvilLyrics forum
« on: September 19, 2004, 06:45:35 AM »

Majo

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 08:36:48 PM »

EvilTagger? Smiley
Marek
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 09:50:11 AM »

Works fine here on both computers. Good job. And thanks for fulfilled feature request on column sorting Smiley

EvilLyrics Developer
biggbuckz4life

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 02:07:58 AM »

alright... this is fantastic... but can i make a request, which i think would be easy, seeing how you made it write the tags so well, could you make it read the mp3s in place and write the evillyrics lyric files? some of my tags have lyrics i've already edited, and it would be nice to be able to read these tags so evillyrics won't download them

i hope that makes sense... thanks!
felipin-sioux

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 02:22:25 AM »

Do you mean a tool to read the lyrics from the mp3 files and saving them in the evillyrics cache?

It is not worth to add such feature in the program because the number of users who are going to use it is very small.. and it would only be useful if there were many mp3 already tagged with lyrics.. But if that's your case, I could easily make a separate tool for doing such action..

If you want it, just tell me and give me a week to compile it for you..  Cheesy
biggbuckz4life

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 08:40:22 PM »

yeah, that's my situation... i have a large amount of already tagged mp3's... a seperate tool would be amazing, but i don't want you to worry about it too much, but if you have some free time it would be amazing... thanks a lot Smiley
Guino

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 08:06:07 AM »

Just wondering if there's any chance of adding an option to save the time tags (Karaoke) information into the MP3 file together with the lyrics. I ask this for two reasons: 1-the lyrics3 v2 format uses the time tags (karaoke times) in its standards -- In fact, I'm not even sure if having text without tags is allowed in the standard. 2-there are many players and plugins that can read and play song with the lyrics3 v2 lnformation, meaning that this would allow for playing the songs saved with lyrics+karaoke in other applications/computers/mp3 players that support such format.

Thanks for your attention in advance...
Guino.
lordpear

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 02:25:16 AM »

Hell,

LyricsTagger is pretty cool. But what is this lyrics3 all about?
If i TAG my mp3s with LyricsTagger no id3v2 tag editor display them (the lyrics). wHy?

Its cool putting lyrics into mp3s, but its a pitty no tageditor can display them.
(As far as i see Lyrics3 lyrics take place at the end of the mp3, while id3v2 lyrics sits at the begin of the mp3 file)

Wouldnt be nice using id3v2 lyrics (optionally i gues)?

cheers,
  lph/hungary
wykdfantasy

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 06:04:45 AM »

I really enjoy this program, however it does seam to have one setback, and that is that it will only search one directory along with one sub directory for songs. I like most people have my songs sorted by alphabet then by artists and then by album, example:

Format:
<letter>\<Artist name>\<Album Name>\<songs here>
Example:
S\Simple Plan\Still Not Getting Any\<songs>

That is a total of 2 sub directories, so this plug in doesnt see those songs at all, it would be great for it to search recursofly down the directory list from the initial directory you select. Please please please add functionality to recursovly search directories, and also the above mentioned idea of adding the karaoke time tags to the lyrics if you have it is great too, good call on that.
simisu

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 03:59:47 PM »

i don't get it.......
what's the point of tegging my files?
where does it show?

is it for offline viewing with evil lyrics?
or that ello program?

what's the diffrance if i have all my lyrics cashed in the lyrics folder (it workes offline too right?)

rolleyes

don't get me wrong i'm not complaining but... i just don't see why bother with this tool... unless there's some hidden functionalety i'm missing here...?

some people read the bible
some read the new testiment
some read the coran...
me... i listen to music!
God blessed Evillyrics!
felipin-sioux

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 07:58:03 AM »

simisu, saving the lyrics file inside the mp3 might be useful for those using mp3 players which has good LCD displays that support displaying the lyrics saved on that files, so they can read the lyrics in that devices.. It is also useful for those using Linux to listen their mp3s..

For a traditional user, it is almost useless.. There is a simple winamp plugin to display the lyrics, but it is much better to leave EvilLyrics opened and use it as your lyrics viewer, which has much more functionatily than just displaying the lyrics..
simisu

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 05:19:17 PM »

ok thanks...
that makes much more sense now  wink

some people read the bible
some read the new testiment
some read the coran...
me... i listen to music!
God blessed Evillyrics!
Giuliano

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 09:52:20 AM »

Hello, this is nice, litl DAFew sugestionsGiulianoprivatno@gmail.com195.252.81.100hat will show only files without embedded lyrics. I have 2000+ songs on my hard disk and that's to large to show in window.

- I agree with wykdfantasy. There is a big problem with directory search.

- Option so that I can delete lyrics files from my disk (for example some duplicates)

- Icon in Evil Lyrics window.

- Option for automatic adding lyrics to mp3 file when lyrics are downloaded and if there is no lyrics already embedded. For example when I'm listening mp3's Evil is in my tray non-stop and constantly downloading lyrics. It would be great if I can continue what I was doing and if your program can automatically add lyrics to mp3 when Evil download them. I think that 90% of us who are using this add-on will embed all downloaded lyrics to mp3 sooner or later.

Well, that's it  Cheesy This is nice little add-on. I hope that I didn't kill you with this suggestions  wink
oleKanin

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 11:45:05 AM »

I can't seem to find the LyricsTagger plugin anywhere. Can anyone tell me where to find it please? (I've tried the link, both the one in this forum and on the Addons page)

regards
oleKanin
simon
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 03:27:51 PM »

I haven't been able to download this program but I assume that it adds a proprietary tag to mp3 with the Lyrics.

What I require is something that will automatically add lyrics into the tags that are currently used by Media Player 10. They call it "Advanced Tag" but I'm not sure what the exact name is.

Can this addon add lyrics to standard tags automatically to mp3 and wma, or does it just add a proprietary tag that can only be read by EvilLyrics?
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  

Jump to: