EvilLyrics forum
December 16, 2017, 02:26:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Unicode Support  (Read 1856 times)
« on: April 21, 2004, 06:00:15 AM »

I listen to almost exclusively Vietnamese songs, where many of the characters do not show up correctly.  Will Unicode be fully supported?
EvilLyrics forum
« on: April 21, 2004, 06:00:15 AM »

GGLapkizzz
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »

I'm going to up this topic because it seems to be left unnoticed and the problem is rather serious (may be "Suggestions" section would be more appropriate, but then the whole topic should be moved there).
Will there be full unicode support for lyrics? Now I use cyrillic (1251), west european (1252) and turkish (1254) codepages at the same rate, and workaround with font codepage change looks quite annoying. As you can see, the AppLocal solution won't do in case of multiple codepages in need. Wouldn't it be more practical to store lyrics in unicode (UTF8 or UTF16)?

Anyway, thanks for your work. I use EvilLyrics for 7 years and it was cool all the way. Kudos!

P.S. For those who haven't discovered it yet, there is a way to show almost any codepage text just by changing font's script in "Preferences" / "General" / "Select lyrics font" for every single song. I use free DejaVu Sans Condensed font and am almost happy. Almost. The lyrics text should be saved in appropriate codepage prior to use the trick.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: