EvilLyrics forum
December 17, 2017, 11:15:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrics not found.  (Read 22728 times)
RealApprentice

« on: October 26, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

Evillyrics worked perfectly for me untill recently. Now it doesn't seem to find any lyrics anymore.

Anyone a suggestion?

EvilLyrics forum
« on: October 26, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

jelreyn

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

Same problem here. It could be a problem with the newly downloaded filters.txt file I suppose?
I might reinstall and lock the filters.txt file and try that.. brb
hatake

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 05:58:11 PM »

Same problem here.
mavisgold
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 08:32:58 PM »

huh uninstalled - deleted directory - removed registry entries - installed previous version
STILL WON'T FIND LYRICS  angry
joebreuer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 11:13:31 PM »

It seems to be a problem with the filter.txt file. I have the same Problem on two
machines. Please try to fix it, I miss it already ! Its such a great tool !
ksutton
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 11:46:42 PM »

By any chance have any of you recently upgraded to Internet Explorer 7? I upgraded to it on every PC I have except my wife's. Guess what? My wife's PC is the only one where EvilLyrics still works.

I tried uninstalling IE7 on one of them but lyrics still doesn't work. (Lyrics not found.) It doesn't seem to be checking for the age of the Karaoke filter nor doing a check for program and filter updates. It's like EviLyrics thinks I am not online. (Full time connection with Verizon FIOS.)

Might be a coincidence but it doesn't seem like it.

If anyone finds a fix please post it.

Kevin

A couple of updates: My wife's PC with IE6 doesn't work anymore, either. I tried both versions using a dial-up connection to see if it was a connect detection problem. Doesn't work on dial-up, either.
hatake

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 11:52:07 PM »

no it s not Internet Explorer 7 i have Internet Explorer 6 and EvilLyrics dosnt work so its not thet
Tusk
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 12:48:52 AM »

yeah same problem for me angry and i miss it, i dont know why, it was like i never thought i use it, but now when its says lyrics not found, i feel like something ripped off from me Sad I hope you guys will make asap.
oxigen

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 05:06:56 AM »

Same problem...  sad cry cry cry
I just found this prog, just started to get my favourite songs' lyrics, and now... nothing...
Hope soon be fixed...
mavisgold
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:42 AM »

could it be related to the latest Windows Update/security patch?  huh
peterp
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »

Looking through the code with a hex editor it seems to use google's pda interface to do searches. Maybe google has changed the way it replies or sends results and evil cant parse it now.
trojkolka

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 01:05:04 PM »

I wonder if this application is still maintained and under development. It's been a long while since there were any updates even in the nightly builds. I also have the problem that i wont load any lyrics anymore and i use this app a lot and i miss it very much. i hope it will work again one day soon. Please keep this app going it's beautiful piece of software
zdclan

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »

Just wanted to say I have the same problem. It shows hardly any lyrics anymore.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, this tool is the best!
jyeee

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 09:50:01 PM »

Looking through the code with a hex editor it seems to use google's pda interface to do searches. Maybe google has changed the way it replies or sends results and evil cant parse it now.

I think that peterp has the right idea: the devs just have change how they submit the query or parse the results. 
There have been recent changes to the Google PDA search that is used by EvilLyrics:
http://seoblackhat.com/2006/09/27/the-google-%E2%80%9Cpda-hack%E2%80%9D-was-great-while-it-lasted/

Again, thanks much for making such an awesome program!!!  I want my EvilLyrics back!!!  evil
peterp
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 02:59:41 AM »

If he's not going to work on it anymore he should dump it on sourceforge and let us have a whack at fixing it. Its written in Visual Basic, easy as pie to fix up.
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  

Jump to: