EvilLyrics forum
October 19, 2017, 02:12:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: New EvilTagger feature: importing lyrics!  (Read 20910 times)
felipin-sioux

« on: May 28, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

A new feature has been added to EvilTagger: Importing lyrics!!
Yeah, now it can do the opposite way too: It searches for mp3s which have the lyrics3 tags, and them it adds the lyrics in the mp3 files to the EvilLyrics collection.

I also took the opportunity to do some minor changes to the UI.. and I hope it is easier now to understand what to do. It still features the 3-step process, but now only what is really needed for each step is displayed, and the rest is hidden.
With the addition of the importing function, it was easy to fit a little help section on the program. It displays information about the lyrics collection and the icon legend. Please check if the description of the icons are good and correctly spelled =)
(btw, the importing function will respect the cache organization (single folder or subfolders).

Please test it, since this is the Release Candidate version, and the official build will be released soon.
If you are going to test, it is interesting to change your Cache path in EL while testing, so you can see the results in a different folder, and there isn't the risk of overwriting any good lyrics. Btw, it makes sense to change the path, otherwise most of the lyrics listed (from mp3 files) will be already present in your lyrics collection, and they won't even show in the listing if the "list only new lyrics" is checked.

That's it.. I hope you all enjoy it!  Now eviltagger is finally a bit more useful.. You can have your lyrics collection stored in your mp3s, and now if you move these mp3s to another computer you can easily grab back the lyrics from them.

The project page and the FAQ are coming soon.. Suggestions (for the FAQ or anything else), comments and bug reports are always welcome.

See ya all,
Felipe

EvilTagger 0.2.0 RC1
EvilLyrics forum
« on: May 28, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »

Balinsky
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 03:15:28 AM »

I am wondering why eviltagger uses a lyrics3 tag this seems very useless, seeing how as far as I know no common programs display lyrics3 tags. Why not use ID tags like a normal mp3 program?
alien
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 11:02:28 PM »

when will you introduce the all new evil tagger with ID-lyric.tag ?
i don't want to wait Sad
I can't wait anymore....  undecided
alien
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 09:58:31 PM »

i said > i can't !!!!  sad  cry
Protagonist
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 04:58:57 AM »

Personally I use Itunes and I would love to see EvilLyrics be able to send lyrics to Itunes for Itunes to store
eminem213486
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »

Personally I use Itunes and I would love to see EvilLyrics be able to send lyrics to Itunes for Itunes to store

me too, please add this, its a much needed feature for us with iPods since it displays lyrics now. thanks
gunpower

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 12:48:32 PM »

DEAD LINK!!!

In Evillyrics installation process you can optionally install eviltagger/ello but with this option the installation process doesn't finish......

http://felipe.wordpress.com/projects/
this is the new site from the author of this plugin but as you can see no eviltagger and no reply from felipe..... this sucks alot
EvilLyrics forum

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: