|Question:||What's the meaning of icons in toolbar?|
When song in your player changes, EvilLyrics searches for current song on search engines and saves relevant links in the memory. Then it displays what it thinks is most relevant result.
If what is displays is not actual lyrics or you want to see different versions of lyrics, try hitting this button. It will take you to next search result. If you browse all available results for the song and they are not satisfactory, you can return to the first one by pressing Reload button
Reloads result list for currently played song (read more in description for "Next song" button)
If for any reason downloading stuck or cycled, you can stop it by pressing this button
In default mode lyrics you see can't be directly edited. If you try to type into lyrics window, word you type is searched using type-ahead function.
If you want to edit lyrics, you can do so after pressing this button. Song detection is then stopped and you can edit lyrics. When you are finished editing press this button again. Lyrics are then saved and song detection is resumed.
If is recommended to keep last two lines of the text intact (lines saying "Downloaded from ... filter used .. etc). This information is used internally by EvilLyrics and is not displayed outside Edit mode.
Pressing this button opens original web page where lyrics you just see were downloaded form.
Pressing little arrow next to this button opens following submenu
- Google query - opens Google page with query for lyrics for currently playing song. There you can see if lyrics are actually available on the web. When EvilLyrics failed to download proper lyrics, you can use this function to find out if it's EvilLyrics fault that it was unable to deliver proper lyrics or lyrics are simply unavailable on the web.
- Translate lyrics - opens original lyrics page inside our interface to Google's translation engine. All you have to do is select proper pair of languages and hit Translate button in top left corner of the page.
- Album profile - opens Amazon's album profile in your browser.
- Chord search - Searches for current song's guitar chords/tabs and displays them in your browser
- Album cover - Searches for album cover art on amazon.com
- Full album lyrics - tries to detect album of the song and then displays album track list at our website. You can select this track list and drag selected text into EvilLyrics. EvilLyrics then tries to download lyrics for all the songs and stores them in single file which can be then opened in Notepad.
- SongFacts - search for interesting facts about the song at SongFacts.com
- Posters - search for current artist posters at AllPosters.com
- AllMusic Guide - searches http://www.allmusic.com for current album profile
- Submit lyrics - displays list of knows lyrics servers. When you select one of them and press Enter, it will open "submit page" of that server in your browser. Current lyrics with other information are copied to clipboard for easy use.
Full album lyrics
It tries to detect album of the song and then displays album track list at our website. You can select this track list and drag selected text into EvilLyrics. EvilLyrics then tries to download lyrics for all the songs and stores them in single file which can be then opened in Notepad.
Enters karaoke recording mode
Search for karaoke
Button will search page for karaoke in your browser. If karaoke is available it will directly open page with karaoke file. When karaoke is found, just click on the link "import karaoke" (EvilLyrics build 7) or drag selected text into EvilLyrics (older builds) while playing that song. After confirming lyrics should start scrolling according to timestamps.
Shows/hides karaoke bar. Karaoke bar displays current line of the lyrics (if karaoke file is available) or song title (if karaoke is unavailable). You can hide main window of EvilLyrics and watch only current lyrics using this karaoke bar. When you click on karaoke bar border appears so you can resize/move the bar. When you are satisfied with the position of karaoke bar click on it again, borders will disappear again.
Opens Preferences window.
Opens FAQ in your browser.
Icon is available only if you picked ELLO during EvilLyrics installation. It opens ELLO - EvilLyrics Lyrics Organizer when pressed.
|last updated 23.03.2004|